Advanced Certificate Course in Patent @ GMGC- Great Mission Group Consultancy
GMGC is a National award winner full fledged Intellectual Property (IP) boutique based in Pune. GMGC is a group of legal professionals, scientist and academicians established in Pune, India to promote Intellectual Property Rights.
Great Mission Group Consultancy (GMGC) is providing professional training in Patent Law and Practice for candidates to appear for Indian Patent Agents Examination 2018, conducted by Ministry of Commerce and Industry (Govt. of India) through Patent Office.
What is a Patent?
A Patent is a statutory right for an invention granted for a limited period of time to the patentee by the Government, in exchange of full disclosure of his invention for excluding others, from making, using, selling, importing the patented product or process for producing that product for those purposes without his consent.
What is meant by Patent Agent?
A Patent agent is a person registered with Indian Patent Office whose name is entered in the patent agent register after being declared qualified in the patent agent examination conducted by the patent office.
A person shall be qualified to have his name entered in the register of patent agents if he fulfills the following conditions, namely—
(a) He/she is a citizen of India;
(b) He/she has completed the age of 21 years;
(c) He/she has obtained a degree in science, engineering or technology from any university established under law for the time being in force in the territory of India or possesses such other equivalent qualifications as the Central Government may specify in this behalf, and,
Pharma graduates and post graduates are also eligible to appear for this exam.
- has passed the qualifying examination prescribed for the purpose; or
- ii) Has, for a total period of not less than ten years, functioned either as an examiner or discharged the functions of the Controller under section 73 or both, but ceased to hold any such capacity.
The qualifying examination shall consist of the following papers and marks, namely: –
- Paper I – Patent Act and Rules-100 marks,
- Paper II- Drafting and interpretation of Patent specification and other documents -100 marks and
- Viva-Voce 50 marks: Total 250 Marks.
Patent Agent Exam Structure:
Paper -I (Two Hours) Objective type; Multiple Choice Questions having one and/or more than one option correct.
Paper-II (Three Hours) Descriptive and
Viva-Voce. Schedule for Viva-Voce examination will be announced after the completion of written examination. Only those candidates who have scored a minimum of 50% marks in each paper will be allowed to appear for Viva-Voce. Separate list for same would be provided.
A candidate shall be required to secure a minimum of fifty marks in Paper-I and Paper-II and shall be declared to have passed the examination only if he obtains an aggregate of sixty per cent of the total marks.
Course Activities in brief:
- The Indian Patents Act, 1970 with illustration, case laws.
- International convection and treaties related to Patent Law, PCT.
- Comprehensive claims and drafting training with various exercises & discussion.
- Solving exercise of previous year question papers.
- Preparatory Test
- Tips for viva voce.